This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Top 5 of 2012 - Lessons, Inspiration & Goals

Top 5 of 2012

You've probably seen some of these lists already, which is why I'll keep it short. As theperfectnose stated, if you want to see what I've made there is a search bar on the right side :) Plus I just did a recap of hits and misses half a year ago, and nothing spectacular had been added to my wardrobe since then. Except for two unblogged Briars and an unfinished coat that will hopefully very spectacular, but not finished in 2012. I've added some of my favourites at the bottom though. So here goes, all in no particular order:

Lessons
  1. Sewing with stretch does not automatically mean you should use a serger. 
  2. I learned to recognise whether someting has turned out well or not. Admitting mistakes and not getting upset about it is wonderful.
  3. No blogging is better than half ass blogging. I.e. provide good content or just be quiet. 
  4. Finding my style. Or at least I came close, and I hope to be able to define it a bit further next year.
  5.  I LOVE pattern drawing.
Inspiration 
(i.e., go check them out if you don't already know them. )
  1. Catherine Daze - Love her tough but feminine style. 
  2. Mokosha - A beer-loving archeologist who sews pretty dresses and does quirky poses.
  3. Grainline- I love her minimalistic style and dude-ness.
  4. Esther from the sticks - Very talented young girl, does pretty dresses and beautiful photography. 
  5. Whole larder love. - Completely sewing unrelated, but very much related to the DIY lifestyle that sewing is part of for me. 
Goals
  1. Take more classes. There's my regular pattern drafting class once a week, but I also signed up for a handful of Craftsy classes. 
  2. Sew jeans. And more pants in general. 
  3. Learn a bunch of new tricks like sewing with a twin needle. 
  4. Get better at photographing. 
  5. Set up an awesome pattern company. 


Thank you all for your encouragement, kind words and also your critiques. I hope we'll talk a lot more this next year! 2012 has been a good year, and I'm hoping 2013 will be even better. I wish you all a belated but very happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!