This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

MMM '12 #1

Day 1: Thrifted cardigan and floral shirt
Regular work day
Day 2: 2nd hand jacket, batwing shirt and new jeans
All black:  a funeral

Day 3: Knitted kimono sweater (and DIY doily lamp)
Regular work day

Day 4 & 5: Mustard Hoodie
Work day & Off day
Day 6: Overalls with sewn on fake leather kneepatches
Working in the garden! 

Day 7: Thrifted cardigan, refashioned men's shirt
Regular work day
Day 8: 2nd hand altered blazer
Work day, business meeting 
Day 9: All Serger Sweater, altered jeans
Half-off work day
Day 10: Loop scarf
Regular work day, but with new shoes!

Loop scarf close-up

These are the first 10 days of Me Made May '12! As you can see it's a balance between nice outfits (day 2, 8 & 10) and 'just pull something out of the closet' days (day 4&5). There's some new items in here as well. First the store bought items: the mustard scarf and the black skinny jeans. I love them both very much.The scarf is perfect for the office because it's alwasy a bit chilly there.And those jeans really tie my wardrobe together! It turns out my size is actually 2 sizes smaller than I always thought. Who knew! I already altered the grey jeans a little bit, but I want to alter them into skinny jeans too. The jacket from day 8 I got from my mom, who got it from someone else. It's too big, so I took in the back seams and the side seams. And I repositioned the upper front button to pull it a bit tighter around the chest. It has a fun orange lining so I rolled up the sleeves. It's the first time I wore a jacket, and I felt great in it! The loop scarf I made yesterday. I love this fabric, I already had it in mind for a shirtdress (like this one, but with a higher waist and down to the knee), but I thought it's be perfect as a scarf so I got me some more fabric. I'm looking for olive green fabric now because it's a great colour to combine with mustard, as seen here.

Overall I'm liking MMM '12 very much. Day 2 was already a challenge, but luckily I found my batwing shirt appropriate enough for a funeral. I had to recreate some outfits because I forgot to take pictures, but other than that it really makes you realize what items are still missing in your wardrobe. I hardly have any time to make anything with the two jobs I'm working right now, and the garden needs attention at least once a week. Hence the scarf and kneepatches. They hardly qualify as self-made items, but it'll just have to do!

4 comments:

  1. That kimono sleeved sweater is beautiful. Thanks for doing an overview of all your makes. I love your garden by the way, the overalls with knee patches are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i completely adore the mustard hoodie!! what a terrific piece to have made, i'm so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that you in Tilly's market post by the way? It looks a little like you. Cross dimensional doppelganger maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not me, but I know what you mean! I'd never wear a hat like that though :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!